Our seeds are the high quality certified organic Hard Red Wheat from West Coast Seeds. Wheat grass sprouts are incredibly rich in chlorophyll and antioxidant enzymes and provide Vitamins B-12, B-6, K & C, Vitamins B-12, B-6, K & C. Wheat grass sprouts have a light, delicious flavor reminiscent of freshly picked corn. Growing wheatgrass from seed will take approximately one week.
How to Grow:
1. Soak seeds overnight in a clear glass jar.
2. While the seeds are sprouting, rinse the seeds 3 times per day.
3. Allow the rinse water to drain so that the seeds will be in contact with oxygen.
4. When a small “tail” is visible, plant the seed in soil, or move to a automatic sprouter. If the seeds are planted in trays, cover with a dome. Water from the bottom, and keep the seeds moist.
5. Once the first pair of leaves (the cotyledon or seed leaves) have opened, the sprouts are ready. Many sprout growers like to expose sprouts at this stage to bright, indirect sunlight, which causes chlorophyll to develop. The leaves will turn a much darker green colour.
6. Wash them under cold water to loosen and discard any seed husks. They can then be used fresh or kept in the refrigerator for three or four days.
1 – tray with holes
1 – tray with no holes
1 – short clear dome
1 – 6L starting mix